14 December 2008

Pre-holiday occurences

Well, much has happened lately and will attemp to summarise it all. Currently in the beginning of the last week of college this term. Last Wednesday I sat for the Data Interpretation exam, think it went ok for the amount of work that I put into it, but hard to tell. Well let's just hope that I pass at least.

The next day, was at arguably the best house party ever. It was a Full Moon Party organized by some of the lads from the class and the effort that they put into the preparations was pretty impressive. The crowd that night was great as well. It's a real pity that I can't remember much of it, thanks to the free flow of drinks made available by the hosts. According to numerous eye-witnesses, I had great fun. Thank god David and Sean were there to drag me home. On top of that in the wee hours of the morning, apparently I woke one of my housemates up in a pretty scary fashion. The thought that I could have done such a deed still sends a shiver down my spine (just realised how cliche that phrase is) . Plus, a thousand apologies and a million thanks to Pat, for if she has not minded me that night, there would have been some serious mess in my room.

On Friday, was out in the evening to do some Christmas carol singing for charity with the Surgeon Noonan people. That didn't quite go as planned thanks to the horrible weather. And it only started to pour when we were just about to sing, perhaps it was a sign. We proceded anyway, and we did have some fun I suppose. It's just that there wasn't as many people walking around as they had hoped for to exhort money from. Later that night met up with some juniors at Hong Tak's place. Ended up watching The Fellowship Of The Ring. Got home and watched The Two Towers till early morning.

On Saturday, woke up just in time to get to Pija's place for a lunch gathering. Had plenty of food, most of which tasted great, and there was a good crowd as well. After that, dashed off to town to get some supply for the week.

Today, went out to town late in the afternoon to catch The Frank and Walters play live on Grand Parade. Was a tad bit disappointed, as they only played about three or four songs. Well at least, I heard them play After All. Roamed around the X'mas market for a while, gobbled up a hotdog and headed home.

Prior to all that, I was on my last clinical rotation before the new year; Obs and Gynae. It was a good rotation overall, but didn't enjoy it too much and I seriously don't see myself going into that field. There was plenty of scheduled teaching going on but was kinda wasted on many of us because our minds were pre-occupied with the upcoming exam. Well at least it was fun hanging out with the SHO that I was attached to. He is definitely one of the coolest doctors that I've ever seen.

Oh well, I've run out of things to say and will end this post with a Frank and Walters' s song.

No comments: